Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
- Physical presence is mandatory to apply for Machine Readable Passport. Processing of MRP application includes recording of biometric data (finger print scanning), photographing, taking the applicant’s personal data and interview for which personal attendance is mandatory at the Embassy.
- MRP applicants must possess valid computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) or National Identity card for Overseas Pakistani (NICOP) issued by National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
- If there is a discrepancy between the information provided by the applicant and the data in NADRA’s database the applicant can rectify the information first in the NICOP before applying for MRP.
- The applicant will be required to produce documents like birth certificate, matriculation certificate, valid passport, or valid visa to prove or justify the change noticed in data fetched from NADRA warehouse.
- In case of change of a female applicant’s name due to marriage, the applicant should have her NICOP/CNIC card changed to the married name before applying for MRP showing the marital status on the Marriage Certificate.
- Renewal of MRP: Renewal of Machine Readable Passport has the same procedure as applying for new one with all required documents. MRP can’t be renewed in mail or with any representative.
- Lost Passport: To process case for lost passport, following documents are required:
- Original Police Report in detail
- Original valid CNIC / NICOP / CRC with photocopy
- Photocopy of lost Pakistani Passport
- 1 recent photograph
The issuance of Machine Readable Passports (MRP) may be delayed due to unforeseen reasons and technical problems from the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports Headquarters, Islamabad, Pakistan.